All About The Owner: Karen Moise
We are so happy to have you on our site checking out the blog!
Here at Ma Maison we adore our couples and feel so lucky to be a part of so many love stories.
Today we thought it was time that we let you get to know the woman behind it all, our owner, and the amazing Ma of Ma Maison, Karen Moise!
If you haven’t met Karen yet, she is one of a kind and truly amazing.
By day she works as a nurse and is opening up an incredible Fetal Center right here in Austin.
When she is not working at saving lives, she is here making wedding dreams come true and boy is she good at it!
Here is a little bit more information about Karen:
Karen had been planning and coordinating weddings for many years, when she noticed a lack of style and sufficient space in the venues available in the Austin area. Many of her clients were telling her the same thing: “We want a beautiful Texas Hill Country wedding venue that is rustic—but not rusty.” Clients were also looking for a space that could hold more than 200 guests, and that had a rain plan that wouldn’t disrupt the flow of the wedding. When the search ended, Karen was unable to find such a venue in the Austin area. Instead, she took it upon herself to fill the void she saw. With the encouragement of her friends, who promised that if she built it, they would come, Karen set to work building the property. Ma Maison is a dream wedding venue come to life, and Karen’s vision of an elegant Hill Country venue that feels just like home to her clients is finally a reality. When not doing all things weddings, Karen enjoys spending precious time with her husband and their doodles, Gracie & Elli.
Have you fallen in love with her yet?
Now here are 5 Fun Facts about Karen:
- She loves to cook! If she ever has a spare moment, you will find her creating something fantastic in her kitchen!
- She loves to travel! Singularly and with her family she has traveled all over the globe. She loves to meet new people and experience all the amazing cultures in the world.
- Karen is a mother to three daughters! She knows the Mother of the Bride position very well!
- She is a knowledge sponge! You can always find her reading the hottest new books, listening to all the rooms in Clubhouse, or going to conventions so she can know about everything!
- Karen loves all things lavender! The woman loves this scent and thinks it is the best remedy when needing to relax!
So, now you know a bit more about the amazing woman who dreamt of Ma Maison and made it the beautiful venue it is today!
She loves to give tours and meet wonderful couples, like you!
If you would like to meet her or have her help with your wedding planning, let us know!
She can’t wait to say hello!
Until then, Cheers to you and Cheers to Love!
The MM Team